Aure offers a unique combination of open sea, the beautiful nature of the archipelago and lovely sheltered fjord arms. Good fishing from both boat and land. Inviting woods and mountain landscapes for varied walks or skiing trips, summer and winter. Aure's fauna is varied, with many species for which shooting permits may be obtained, including one of Norway's largest herds of red deer. Aure is a fascinating coastal district that includes new industry based on petroleum technology and a modern commercial centre with a wide variety of services.
Tustna in Aure is a fascinating island community in which the high mountains drop straight into the sea. Fjordruta - one of Norway's newest and best laid out trails for ramblers passes through Tustna (Kristiansund and Nordmøre Trekking Association). A multitude of islands form an attractive archipelago. This is the kingdom of the sea eagle, and one or more of the magnificent birds can be observed daily sailing over the islands. Tustna is situated so close to Kristiansund that it is merely a short distance to air, sea and road connections to the rest of Norway are close to hand.
Coastal district north-east in Nordmøre.
Highway 660, ferry to Tustna/Kristiansund and Halsa (E39). Bus routes: Trondheim and Kristiansund. Express boat: Trondheim and Kristiansund
Administrative centre: Aure
· Aure church from 1924, altarpiece from the 1460s. The vicarage from 1825 next to the church is thought to be the most beautiful in Norway.
· Lurvika, an old trading post.
· Aursundet - beautiful branch of the fjord.
· Foldfjordstraumen - an exceptionally strong saltwater current.
· 300 km of coastline with lovely archipelago, vast tracts of forest and mountains with a wide variety of fauna (red deer/elk/roe deer).Plenty of oportunities for coastal and deep-sea fishing, excellent lakes for angling.
· Striking and unique coastal mountains 400 - 900 m above sea level. Aquaculture museum. Plentiful stocks of red deer, roe deer and sea eagles. Excellent starting point for deep-sea and coastal fishing. Good trout fishing lakes.
. Jutulholet. A large rock cave. There is a marked path from Finnset to the cave and to the remains of a German battery from World War II.
· Tjeldbergodden. Industrial area with service base and processing plant for oil/gas.
· The Fjord Route - "Fjordruta" - Kristiansund and Nordmøre Trekking Association's hiking trail over fjords and mountains.
· Cabin complexes; houses, cabins and waterfront flats for rent.
· Cafés, guest moorings. Shopping centre, bank.
· Shops: furnishings and fittings/motor vehicle accessories/clothing/footwear/tools/travel etc.
· Travel programme based on cultural heritage and linked to theme programmes. Theme tours may also be arranged on Hurtigruten, coach trips through Norway and Europe.