Hestskjæret Lighthouse is located on the island of Averøy and is 21 m tall.
In 1878 the Lighthouse Authority purchased Vestre Hestskjæret, a skerry off Honningsøya island, for 160 kroner. The lighthouse, situated 15 km by sea from Kristiansund, became operational on 1 November 1879. It was the first Norwegian lighthouse to utilise a Swedish invention that broke up the light into timed intervals. This was more informative and was well received by seafarers.