Tingvoll - the eco society - better solutions for the environment and the individs.
The fjord municipality of Tingvoll is located in the heart of Nordmøre. With its settlement spread along the coastline, and with mountains, woods and small valleys leading to the interior of the peninsula, it is never far from excellent locations for outdoor recreation. Kristiansund, Molde and Sunndalsøra are all close by, and this is a popular recreation area for many in district.
Tingvoll is a real fjord municipality. To the east, there are the Halsa and Surnadal fjords, to the north Årsundfjorden and to the west Tingvollfjorden. Only to the south is there any connection to the mainland, along the short border to Sunndal.
Bus service to Kristiansund, Molde, Surnadal, Halsa, Trondheim. Bus service to Sunndal; the express coach between Kristiansund and Oslo stops at Tingvoll. Ferry across Kanestraum to Halsa.
Tingvoll with its shopping street, council offices, health and social welfare institutions, schools.
· Tingvoll Church, stone church from the 13th century. This was a fortified church, with passages between the walls. Stone inscriptions from when the church was built. Beautiful location next to the old vicarage, with grounds extending down to Tingvollvågen.
· Paintings on the rock face at Hindhammer with animal motifs - 5000 years old.
· Tingvoll Rural Museum in a delightful location near the top of Tingvolla, containing among other things a school room and a village shop.
· Tingvoll Gard, a research station for ecological agriculture. Guided tours.
· Menhirs at Aspa, Aspøy (500 - 1000 AD).
There is a hotel with restaurant and hall for cultural events at Tingvoll located on a level with the wharf at Tingvollvågen. Camping sites in the centre of Tingvoll, Kvisvik and Magnillen. Houses and cabins for rent in several areas of the district. Several shops and cafés/restaurant in the centre of Tingvoll and at the Fjord Centre on Aspøya.