Tingvoll - an eco-municipality with focus on people and the environment The fjord municipality of Tingvoll is centrally located in the middle of Nordmøre. Buildings are spread along the shoreline. Mountains, forests, and small valleys extend inland. It is a short distance to the nice recreational areas of Kristiansund, Molde and Sunndalsøra.
Tingvoll is truly a fjord municipality. To the east, it borders the Halsa and Surnadals fjords, to the north the Årsund fjord, and to the west the Tingvoll fjord. There is only mainland to the south, along the short border with Sunndal.
Travel to and from
Bus connections to Kristiansund, Molde, Surnadal, Halsa, Trondheim, Sunndal and Oppdal. Ferry connection across Kanestraum to Halsa
Population: 3,100 inhabitants
Municipal centre: Tingvoll has a shopping street, town hall, health- and social institutions, and schools
· Tingvoll church, a stone church from the 13th century. The church has passages inside the walls and inscriptions in stone from the time it was built. The church is beautifully located by the old rectory down towards Tingvollvågen
· 5000-year-old stone paintings with animal motifs in the rock wall at Hindhammer
· Tingvoll museum, beautifully situated at the top of Tingvollia with a schoolroom and a country store
· Tingvoll Farm, a research institution for organic farming also offering guided tours
· Monuments on Aspa, Aspøy (500 - 1000 AD)
Tingvoll has a hotel with a restaurant and community centre located down at Tingvollvågen. There are campsites at Tingvoll centre, Kvisvik and Magnillen. House and cottage rentals are also available in several places in the municipality. In the centre of Tingvoll and by the Fjord Centre on Aspøya, there are several shops and a café/restaurant.